A new EU funding support scheme “Investing in Skills” has been launched under Malta’s Operational Programme II of the European Social Fund.
Within the scope of the scheme are training activities held between 19th April 2017 and 30th June 2020 and aimed at increasing the productivity and adaptability of persons actively participating in the Maltese Labour Market.
Subsidies are available on training costs, trainee wage costs and air travel (if applicable) based on standard rates of unit costs.
The minimum application thresholds are:
- €200 of total eligible cost per application in the case of Small or Micro enterprises, and
- €500 of total eligible cost per application in the case of Medium and Large enterprises.
The cofinancing rates applicable on the total eligible costs are:
- 70% for Small or Micro enterprises,
- 60% for Medium enterprises,
- 50% for Large enterprises.
EU funding support under this scheme will be allocated on a first come first served basis up to a cieling of €2,000,000 per calendar year.
Applications must be submitted to the Investing in Skills Unit at least 3 weeks before the start date of training.
Full details on the Scheme terms and conditions, as well as application and other forms are available here. For assistance in the preparation of applications and post-training claims, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.