What Can We Do For You?
Access to Finance
Ascend Consulting is a boutique consultancy specialised in innovation management, entrepreneurship facilitation, business planning and development, and access to funding and finance in support of all these. We provide advice, guidance and assistance all along the business and project life-cycle process, from strategic and operational reviews, feasibility and viability assessment, to strategy, policy and action planning, and then to project management, implementation support, review and evaluation.
According to their nature, such services are being provided to a range of relevant public or private organisations, from startups and SMEs, up to large companies, research and academic institutions, NGOs, as well as various public policy-makers and implementers, national and international organisations.
At Ascend Consulting, we believe in building a long-term partnership with our clients so as to provide them with fully-tailored solutions and support from situation analysis up to operational implementation!
Let’s start with your objectives, needs and challenges…
- Is your organization interested in and planning to work its way up the value chain?
- Are you planning investments into a new startup business, in the diversification or innovation of your current activities, products and/or services, in taking your business transactions online or internationalising them?
- Are you intent on developing international strategic relations to support an improved positioning on your current markets and access to new ones?
- Are you planning to improve your offering by researching and developing new products, services, solutions? Or maybe by applying new technological and/or business processes, or even new business models?
- Would you like to harness the innovation potential in your organisation, to create a process to systematically bring out, analyze and build upon new ideas?
- Do you need assistance in assessing the feasibility of such innovative ideas? In shaping them up as viable product concepts? In developing these further, creating prototypes, testing, validating and demonstrating them, undertaking their scale-up or miniaturization, their piloting and first market replication?
- Do you need support in developing the business plan for taking your new products and services to the market and commercializing them?
- Would you like to train your staff in an international context, to expose them to new work practices and new markets?
- Do you need guidance and hands-on assistance to get access to finance, partners or clients for such initiatives? Or maybe in the preparation of bids in response to calls for proposals or tenders to undertake major projects in a national or international context?
- Are you making the best out of the national and EU funding opportunities available for business investments, for research, development and innovation or for education and training related projects?
- Are you aware of the international donor funding available for initiatives in the Middle East & North Africa, or South and East European regions that present us with such interesting market opportunities?
- Are you tapping into the EU and international support structures for international collaborative projects that look into finding and applying solutions to current economic, societal and environmental challenges?
Do you want to do these in collaboration with somebody with extensive experience in devising, managing, evaluating and overseeing EU funded projects, in coordinating international competitive processes, in planning and implementing innovative business development initiatives in a European context?
If yes, please do not hesitate to get in touch for an introductory meeting!
We look forward to hear from you!
The Founding Partners
Anamaria Magri Pantea
Numerous new and improved EU funding support schemes have been or are still to be launched, both directly from Brussels and at a national level. SMEs, innovation, competitiveness, sustainability and training are amongst the top priorities. Are you finding your way amongst all these opportunities and making the best of them? A short course providing Read more about Short course on EU funding[…]
The 2017 Call for proposals under the Malta Film Fund is now open, with the deadline for submission of applications being 30th June at noon. A total budget of €300,000 will be providing grant funding support in three categories: for film development – writers’ grants of max. €5,000) and development grants of max. €30,000, up Read more about Malta Film Fund 2017[…]
The Malta Council for Science and Technology has launched a new Call for applications under the national Research & Innovation funding support programme, particularly the FUSION Commercialisation Voucher Programme. The Commercialisation Voucher Programme is specifically aimed at supporting the pre and post technology development steps neceessary to be undertaken for improving the overall development and Read more about R&I Commercialisation Voucher Programme[…]
A new EU funding support scheme “Investing in Skills” has been launched under Malta’s Operational Programme II of the European Social Fund. Within the scope of the scheme are training activities held between 19th April 2017 and 30th June 2020 and aimed at increasing the productivity and adaptability of persons actively participating in the Maltese Read more about New EU funding scheme for employee training[…]
The Ministry for European Affairs and Implementation of the Electoral Manifesto has announced that it will shortly be launching the 2017 Calls for proposals in respect of the following ERDF grant funding support schemes: SME Growth Grant Scheme Startup Investment Grant Schemes The actual launch of these Calls and all related terms of reference Read more about 2017 Calls for proposals ERDF Startup Investment and SME Growth Schemes[…]
With some of the ERDF Schemes for SMEs being administered on the basis of open rolling calls for proposals, further 2017 cut-off dates for submission of applications beyond the next one of 28th April have been announced. These are as follows: SME Consultancy Services Grant Scheme and the SME Internationalisation Grant Scheme 31st May, 30th Read more about Further 2017 application deadlines for ERDF Grant Schemes for SMEs[…]
A new Maritime Seed Award (MarSA) has just been launched by the Malta Marittima Agency, in collaboration with the University of Malta, with the specific support of the University’s Knowledge Transfer Office, TAKEOFF Business Incubator and Centre for Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation. A total funding budget of €100,000 will be available to support researchers and Read more about Malta Maritime Seed Award 2017[…]
Following the discussion about various actions needed to stimulate women web entrepreneurship that took place at the Startup Europe Week 2017 Malta event we organised earlier this year, we are pleased to announce that one of the first activities in this sense will be the screening of the film “She Started It”. This will take Read more about “She Started It” film screening[…]
Are you interested to work in the fast growing and disruptive FinTech industry? Would you like to bring your contribution to building an economic environment that easier identifies and precludes potential and further financial crime, bribery and corruption, money laundering and financing of terrorism? One of our clients, DAIS Software Ltd. – an innovative Malta Read more about Job opportunity – junior .NET developer[…]
What a great buzz, inspiring women and ambitious young girls at yesterday’s Careers Day 2017 organised for the fifth year in a row by Business & Professional Women BPW Malta! We were honoured to join in and provide a morning of career mentoring and guidance to over 1000 girls from over 15 schools in Malta. Read more about BPW Malta Careers Day 2017[…]