What Can We Do For You?
Access to Finance
Ascend Consulting is a boutique consultancy specialised in innovation management, entrepreneurship facilitation, business planning and development, and access to funding and finance in support of all these. We provide advice, guidance and assistance all along the business and project life-cycle process, from strategic and operational reviews, feasibility and viability assessment, to strategy, policy and action planning, and then to project management, implementation support, review and evaluation.
According to their nature, such services are being provided to a range of relevant public or private organisations, from startups and SMEs, up to large companies, research and academic institutions, NGOs, as well as various public policy-makers and implementers, national and international organisations.
At Ascend Consulting, we believe in building a long-term partnership with our clients so as to provide them with fully-tailored solutions and support from situation analysis up to operational implementation!
Let’s start with your objectives, needs and challenges…
- Is your organization interested in and planning to work its way up the value chain?
- Are you planning investments into a new startup business, in the diversification or innovation of your current activities, products and/or services, in taking your business transactions online or internationalising them?
- Are you intent on developing international strategic relations to support an improved positioning on your current markets and access to new ones?
- Are you planning to improve your offering by researching and developing new products, services, solutions? Or maybe by applying new technological and/or business processes, or even new business models?
- Would you like to harness the innovation potential in your organisation, to create a process to systematically bring out, analyze and build upon new ideas?
- Do you need assistance in assessing the feasibility of such innovative ideas? In shaping them up as viable product concepts? In developing these further, creating prototypes, testing, validating and demonstrating them, undertaking their scale-up or miniaturization, their piloting and first market replication?
- Do you need support in developing the business plan for taking your new products and services to the market and commercializing them?
- Would you like to train your staff in an international context, to expose them to new work practices and new markets?
- Do you need guidance and hands-on assistance to get access to finance, partners or clients for such initiatives? Or maybe in the preparation of bids in response to calls for proposals or tenders to undertake major projects in a national or international context?
- Are you making the best out of the national and EU funding opportunities available for business investments, for research, development and innovation or for education and training related projects?
- Are you aware of the international donor funding available for initiatives in the Middle East & North Africa, or South and East European regions that present us with such interesting market opportunities?
- Are you tapping into the EU and international support structures for international collaborative projects that look into finding and applying solutions to current economic, societal and environmental challenges?
Do you want to do these in collaboration with somebody with extensive experience in devising, managing, evaluating and overseeing EU funded projects, in coordinating international competitive processes, in planning and implementing innovative business development initiatives in a European context?
If yes, please do not hesitate to get in touch for an introductory meeting!
We look forward to hear from you!
The Founding Partners
Anamaria Magri Pantea
As the Women Web-entrepreneurs Hubs Malta Coordinator, Ascend Consulting has been involved for some time now in the set up and work of the Women in ICT Focus Group of eSkills Malta Foundation. The eSkills Malta Foundation is the National Coalition forming part of the Grand Coalition for Digital Jobs. Most of the Digital Read more about Launch of the ‘Guidelines to Increase and Retain Women in ICT’[…]
The Maltese Managing Authority responsible for administering the ERDF Startup Investment Grant Scheme just announced that this scheme will from now on be administered through an open rolling Call for Proposals. The next deadlines for submission of applications of support under this Scheme, are: Friday 30th March 2018 at noon Thursday 31st March 2018 at noon Read more about ERDF Startup Investment Grant Scheme: New Call for Proposals[…]
A new ERDF Business Enhance grants scheme with an overall budget of € 20,000,000 has been launched in January 2018 by the Malta Parliamentary Secretariat for EU Funds. This is focused on supporting enterprises planning to undertake research, development and innovation actions within Malta’s Smart Specialization Areas, specifically in the following areas: Manufacturing Aviation and Read more about ERDF RD&I Grant Scheme launched[…]
Further to a very good event last year on the topic of women web-entrepreneurship, Ascend Consulting has been once again confirmed as the official Malta co-organiser of the Startup Europe Week – an annual European Commission backed initiative, this year taking place during the week 5th – 9th March 2018. This year’s focus of Read more about Startup Europe Week 2018 Malta event on Entrepreneurial Mentoring[…]
Many a times, especially as I consult SMEs in terms of strategic business development or investments financing opportunities, I am told something like: “Of course, we would like our company to be more innovative. We have to develop a pipeline of new products and services to keep up with our clients’ expectations and the industry Read more about Innovation is the outcome of habit, not a random act![…]
The Ministry for European Affairs and Implementation of the Electoral Manifesto has now launched the 2017 Calls for proposals in respect of the following ERDF grant funding support schemes: SME Growth Grant Scheme Startup Investment Grant Schemes The terms and conditions remained largely the same as in the 2016 Call. A clarification has been made Read more about 2017 Calls under ERDF Grant Schemes for Startup investment and SME Growth[…]
We are so very much looking forward to joining the Malta Innovation Summit on 13th October to deliver a very practical and engaging workshop! As Einstein said, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”. But how do you get your team to do different things? Or do Read more about Malta Innovation Summit 2017[…]
During July – August 2017, we were engaged by Innovate UK to participate, speak and consult at a number of events they organised in collaboration with Enterprise Europe Network across UK. The aim of these seminar has been to raise awareness and knowledge of a number of EU and intergovernmental funding opportunities for innovative small Read more about Enterprises Europe Network and Innovate UK roadshow[…]
Have you used the Lean Canvas or the Business Model Canvas? I actually prefer to work on a Lean Business Canvas that is a blend of Alex Osterwalder’s Business Model Canvas and Ash Maurya’s Lean Canvas. It is still well structured and concise, whilst more comprehensive in the main aspects that an innovation driven business Read more about Business and strategy planning on Canvas?[…]
The European Commission has launched on 21st July 2017 a call for proposals to set-up a European expertise hub on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies. A budget of up to EUR 500,000 is available to support over a 2 years period the creation of a European Blockchain Observatory and Forum and its specific work in: Read more about EU Call for tenders on Blockchain & DLT[…]