What Can We Do For You?
Access to Finance
Ascend Consulting is a boutique consultancy specialised in innovation management, entrepreneurship facilitation, business planning and development, and access to funding and finance in support of all these. We provide advice, guidance and assistance all along the business and project life-cycle process, from strategic and operational reviews, feasibility and viability assessment, to strategy, policy and action planning, and then to project management, implementation support, review and evaluation.
According to their nature, such services are being provided to a range of relevant public or private organisations, from startups and SMEs, up to large companies, research and academic institutions, NGOs, as well as various public policy-makers and implementers, national and international organisations.
At Ascend Consulting, we believe in building a long-term partnership with our clients so as to provide them with fully-tailored solutions and support from situation analysis up to operational implementation!
Let’s start with your objectives, needs and challenges…
- Is your organization interested in and planning to work its way up the value chain?
- Are you planning investments into a new startup business, in the diversification or innovation of your current activities, products and/or services, in taking your business transactions online or internationalising them?
- Are you intent on developing international strategic relations to support an improved positioning on your current markets and access to new ones?
- Are you planning to improve your offering by researching and developing new products, services, solutions? Or maybe by applying new technological and/or business processes, or even new business models?
- Would you like to harness the innovation potential in your organisation, to create a process to systematically bring out, analyze and build upon new ideas?
- Do you need assistance in assessing the feasibility of such innovative ideas? In shaping them up as viable product concepts? In developing these further, creating prototypes, testing, validating and demonstrating them, undertaking their scale-up or miniaturization, their piloting and first market replication?
- Do you need support in developing the business plan for taking your new products and services to the market and commercializing them?
- Would you like to train your staff in an international context, to expose them to new work practices and new markets?
- Do you need guidance and hands-on assistance to get access to finance, partners or clients for such initiatives? Or maybe in the preparation of bids in response to calls for proposals or tenders to undertake major projects in a national or international context?
- Are you making the best out of the national and EU funding opportunities available for business investments, for research, development and innovation or for education and training related projects?
- Are you aware of the international donor funding available for initiatives in the Middle East & North Africa, or South and East European regions that present us with such interesting market opportunities?
- Are you tapping into the EU and international support structures for international collaborative projects that look into finding and applying solutions to current economic, societal and environmental challenges?
Do you want to do these in collaboration with somebody with extensive experience in devising, managing, evaluating and overseeing EU funded projects, in coordinating international competitive processes, in planning and implementing innovative business development initiatives in a European context?
If yes, please do not hesitate to get in touch for an introductory meeting!
We look forward to hear from you!
The Founding Partners
Anamaria Magri Pantea
Ascend Consulting is glad to once again support The Million Dollar Idea startup competition organised by the ICT Students’ Association representing all students at the University of Malta and the Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology. Anamaria Magri Pantea will be one of the judges, joining a great team of other judges and mentors Read more about The Million Dollar Idea 2021[…]
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to businesses needing to make numerous changes in the way they operate in order to manage and cope with the challenges brought by the pandemic. From changes in their operations, customer interaction and delivery channels, to shifts in their product/service offering and target customer segments, or even overhaul of their Read more about Support under Malta Enterprise Business Re-engineering Scheme[…]
Always important, but even more so during the current COVID-19 pandemic, is a regular review of the effectiveness of your revenue model. How to do that, and what other revenue models can you consider, as well as a specific case study application, are topics that I address in this 10 minutes video. Part of a Read more about Is your revenue model still working?[…]
In follow up to the Analysis of the Gender Gap in the Digital Sector in Malta carried out earlier this year, and part of the “Women in ICT Events” initiative sponsored by eSkills Malta Foundation, Ascend Consulting has organised in November 2020 a series of webinars focused on practical insights & guidance on how to Read more about Series of webinars: Bridging the Gender Gap in the Digital Sector[…]
The EU’s SME Instrument has been restructured quite a bit in the last few years, being now part of the European Innovation Council, accepting applications only under Stage 2 (for actual implementation of innovation projects, not just precursor feasibility studies) and providing support in both grant and equity forms. Nevertheless, the main guidance points on Read more about How to prepare a winning funding application under the EU EIC Accelerator / SME Instrument[…]
We are pleased to present to you the report Analysis of the Gender Gap in the Digital Sector in Malta following a study that we undertook for eSkills Malta Foundation. The eSkills Malta Foundation is leading numerous initiatives for encouraging girls and women to consider a digital career, as having more women in the digital Read more about Analysis of the Gender Gap in the Digital Sector in Malta[…]
The current state of women in the digital world is far from balanced, and depending on the country and company, across Europe there is only 1 woman employed in ICT to 5 or 7 men. In Malta, however, there have been as yet insufficiently detailed statistics and qualitative data collated from the Maltese Digital Sector Read more about We need your opinion on the Gender Gap in the Digital Sector[…]
Great group work this evening! So that we are approaching end of 2019 with the satisfaction of working closely on furthering Malta’s creative sector 🖋️📖🎼📽️🎭🎨
Developing entrepreneurial competences is key for young girls’ future education and careers. Women constitute 52% of the total European population but only 34.4% of the EU self-employed and 30% of start-up entrepreneurs. Women are also the largest untapped entrepreneurial and leadership potential in Europe. Only 5-15% of high-tech business is owned by women. According to the Read more about Inspiring and empowering young girls through entrepreneurial skills workshops[…]
Very glad to be listed on the ResInfra@DR Registry of Research Infrastructure Reviewers! This registry of competent and qualified reviewers for Research Infrastructure (RI) evaluation was developed by the ResInfra@DR project to contribute to the efforts for establishing new research infrastructures and upgrading the existing ones in the Danube macro-region. The ResInfra@DR Registry contains information about Read more about ResInfra@DR reviewer[…]